Invest-Gate concluded its 18th roundtable held on June 11, 2023, with the theme “Invest-Gate held an engaging and in-depth roundtable.” The roundtable was organized in cooperation with the Egyptian Businessmen’s Association (EBA) to discuss the importance of real estate funds as an effective investment mechanism to support the Egyptian real estate market, and to attract local, Arab, and foreign investments.
The roundtable hosted a group of Egyptian and foreign experts, including Eng. Fathallah Fawzy, Vice Chairman of the Egyptian Businessmen’s Association & Chairman of the Real Estate Development and Contracting Committee; Mr. Alaa Wally, Advisor to the Chairman, Promotion & Business Development; Ms. Sally George, Head of Mutual Funds Department (FRA); Dr. Ahmed Shalaby, President & CEO of Tatweer Misr & Chairman of Egyptian Real Estate Council; Mr. Ahmed Abdullah, Vice Chairman of REDCON Properties, Eng. Abdallah Sallam, President and CEO of Madinet Masr, Mr. Nader Khozam, Chairman & CEO of Il cazar Developments; Mr. Ahmed Elbatrawy; Founder of Egypt MLS; Dr. Hashem El Sayed, Executive Chairman & Co-founder of ODIN Investments & Executive Chairman of Egyptians Real Estate Fund; Eng. Bassel Al Serafy, Global CEO of Adeer International, Managing Director of Paladin Properties UK; Dr. Nour El-Deen El-Serougy, CEO and Founding Partner of HRE Properties Egypt; Mr. Hassan Nasr, Gates Developments CEO; Ms. Maha Abdel Razek, Misr Real Estate Assets Management CEO; Mr. Mohamed Galal, TSM Chairman; Ms. Olena Shyrokova, President of the Ukrainian Business Council UAE; Ms. Ana Gazzara, Gazzara Global Group CEO; Mr. Haytham Soliman, HRE Properties UK CEO; and Eng. Tarek Bahaa, MENA Real Estate Development Consultancy CEO.
The participants agreed on the following recommendations:
- Spread awareness of the importance of investment funds.
- Prepare a real estate index on the Egyptian Stock Exchange that shows the transactions that take place in the Egyptian real estate market to reinforce property exports.
- Implement new technology in the real estate sector to attract investors, in addition to forming a single source of information for foreign investors to know more about the investment environment in Egypt.
- Issue necessary legislation to facilitate the establishment of real estate investment funds.
- Offer tax incentives to attract foreign investments to Egypt.
- Learn from the success stories of other countries that managed to establish real estate funds.
- Create a platform that gathers all real estate data in Egypt, and starts in the New Administrative Capital (NAC) and other new cities to help foreign investors.
- Transfer the culture of investment and ownership of shares to individuals.
- Pay attention to real estate funds for green and sustainable buildings.
- There must be an entity responsible for coordinating the work of real estate investment funds.
- Encourage the establishment of companies to manage and operate real estate investment funds.
- Promote investment in real estate funds in various foreign currencies.
- Encourage the banking sector to invest and provide liquidity to establish real estate investment funds.