The Big 5 Construct Egypt 2022 concludes with great success in gathering industry professionals from Egypt and beyond. The exhibition runs under the patronage of Prime Minister Moustafa Madbouly and hosts more than 250 companies from all over the world, Invest-Gate reports.
Muhammed Kazi, vice president of construction at DMG Events, says, “On behalf of DMG Events I want to thank all international and local exhibitors, our partners, and sponsors for their support and participation. I look forward to welcoming you again next year from June 19 to 21, 2023”.
The international events organizer announces the launching of the Egypt Infrastructure & Water Expo, to run at the same time as The Big 5 Construct Egypt in June 2023. “We are very excited to be bringing this new event to Egypt. As construction is part of the wider infrastructure development in Egypt and the demand unparalleled. We will be bringing DMG’s partners from around the world to showcase the latest innovations and solutions in planning, water, waste management, utilities, and urban technologies to Cairo next year,” Kazi states.
Concluding the industry gathering this year, The Big 5 Egypt Impact Awards ceremony recognizes innovation and project excellence across Egypt’s construction industry.
During the announcement of The Big 5 Egypt Impact Awards on July 27, Merette Elsayed, CCO of Hassan Allam Holding, says, “As the Diamond Partner of The Big 5 Construct Egypt, Hassan Allam Holding is proud to support the industry recognition program, The Big 5 Egypt Impact Awards.”
For his part, Waleed Lotfy, CEO of Petrojet, says, “Petrojet is truly honored to be part of The Big 5 Construct Egypt as a Diamond Partner, boasting the unique opportunity to support such inspiring programs as The Big 5 Egypt Impact Awards.”
22 award winners are announced at the gala dinner held in Cairo:
- Leadership Team of the Year: Amreyah Cement Management Team, Ameryah Cement.
- Youth Engagement Initiative of the Year: BIM from seeding to harvest, by CAD MASTERS.
- Infrastructure Project of the Year: Ismailia Tunnels (Tahya Masr), by Concord For Engineering & Contracting.
- Male Construction Professional of the Year: Bahaa Wagdi, ConCreative Consultancy.
- Community Project of the Year: New Alamein City, Historical City Project, by The Joint Venture, Hassan Allam Construction and Consolidated Contractors Company.
- Male Construction Leader of the Year: Hassan Mohamed Hassan Dorra, CRC DORRA.
- Engineering Firm of the Year: Dar.
- Smart City Initiative of the Year: New Administrative Capital Central Business District, by Dar.
- Sustainable Initiative of the Year: Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment, by Dar.
- Commercial Project of the Year: EGMED Head Office by Design Dialogue.
- Female Construction Professional of the Year: Shimaa Mohamed Tawfeik Sallam, Hassan Allam Construction.
- MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) Project of the Year: District Cooling New Capital, by Hassan Allam Holding.
- Partnership of the Year: Joint Venture, The Arab Contractors Company and El-Sewedy Electric.
- Developer of the Year, in association with Hassan Allam Holding: Ora Developers Egypt.
- Female Construction Leader of the Year: Eman Soliman, The Arab Contractors Company.
- Award for Health and Safety: Bahr El Baqar Wastewater Treatment Plant, by The Arab Contractors Company.
- Contractor of the Year: The Arab Contractors Company
- Innovation of the Year: Bahr El Baqar Wastewater Treatment Plant, by The Arab Contractors Company.
- Residential Project of the Year: Historical City, Joint Venture, Hassan Allam Construction and Consolidated Contractors Company.
- Consultancy of the Year: Vital Konzept
- Architecture Firm of the Year: ZDS Architects.
- Power and Water Project of the Year: Bahr El Baqar Water Treatment Plant, The Arab Contractors Company.
“It is an honor to host the 2nd edition of the Impact Awards in Egypt and we see some truly inspiring initiatives, besides feeling privileged to celebrate excellence alongside top industry professionals,” Kazi concludes.
It is worth mentioning that The Big 5 Construct Egypt 2022 thanks its supporting partners Hassan Allam Holding, Petrojet, Redcon Construction, ASGC Construction, Kemet-Autodesk, Hanimex, T Track, TEMAK, Egyptian Facility Management Association, Egypt Green Building Council, Egyptian Businessmen’s Association, Project Management Institute, The Chartered Institute of Building, ABiQ, and Ventures ONSITE.